Harvey V. Chaffey was responsible for the station from 1903 until 1914, when Mendel Fountain took charge. In 1907, the Marine Agent at Saint John suggested improvements in the fog signal at Cherry Island, but the Chief Engineer was not in favour of a change. The original signal was apparently used until 1914, when a “better fog bell” was installed under the direction of D. J. Gallagher at an expense of $157.62. A No. 4 Gamewell striking mechanism was placed in operation in 1920.
In 1969, a directional light was placed atop the truncated fog tower, which was later replaced by the current cylindrical tower.
Keepers: Harry V. Chaffey (1903 – 1914), Mendel Fountain (1914 – 1915), O.O. Fountain (1916 – 1919), H.E. Kay (1919 – at least 1937).