The early keepers of the light also had the name Barnes, with C.W. Barnes serving as the first keeper, and Willard Barnes taking charge of the light in 1915.
After the Coast Guard deactivated the light in 1976, the tower was sold and relocated to Nova Scotia, where it was greatly modified and incorporated into a summer residence near Amherst Shore.
Keepers: C.W. Barnes (1911 – 1915), Willard Barnes (1915 – at least 1923).